Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!



Every Labor Day weekend, my family goes to the Walworth County Fair in Wisconsin. This is a standing tradition for years and years. I think I've only missed a couple trips up there in my entire life.

Last year, we took the kids and they were only 1 year old. So, they didn't really get much out of it. This year, when Kim and I told them we were going to see animals and have ice cream, they got really excited!! Sasha kept saying, "Animals!" in the car on the way up there. Too funny.

First, as promised, we saw the animals.
Near the calves, they had this saddle on a water jug-thing, on top of these wooden stilts. It rocked back and forth as if you were riding a horse.
Well, that's what I told myself at least. It was either that or it was about to fall apart.


You can tell by the look on his face that Connor isn't too sure about this thing. It's like he knows it's about to crumble beneath him. Get me off of here, Mom, don't take my picture.


He also wasn't too sure about most of the animals. He liked the sheep and rabbits, but the goats and cows made him a bit nervous at times.


Sasha, on the other hand, LOVED the animals. In this picture, you can tell she was having a very serious conversation with this goat. They obviously were irritated that I was interrupting them.


Then came lunch. And, since we couldn't stray from tradition, we stuffed our faces with great, Wisconsin, fried food. Yum. This corn dog is as big as she is.


It looks like he's crying, but he's not. It's just a super-cheesy smile.


Connor and Sasha also had their first pony rides today!
Connor got right on and rode the pony like an old pro. He wasn't scared at all! My little cowboy. Yee haw.


I know it doesn't look like he was having much fun but, trust me, he was. He's just a serious guy.


Sasha was begging to get on the pony. Once she did, she was nervous. Her pony was a lot bigger than Connor's, though!


But, once they got going, she was fine. She had a great time. Yippee kiyea! Git along, little doggie.


While Sasha was riding her pony, Connor was sitting in the shade, drinking all of Mom's water. We bought a canopy for their wagon and it worked out really well.


Finally!!! The moment she was waiting for!
I YAM! Or, ice cream, that is. (Sasha pronounces it "i yam")
Oh happy day!


Dig in, guys.


Can't forget a picture of my Kimmer!


And since I'm always behind the camera, I thought I'd take a picture of what I had instead of ice cream.
A chocolate covered frozen banana. Yum.
This is another tradition. I never leave the fair w/out having one. Delish.

Can't wait to go back next year!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

1 comment:

lucysmom said...

Love the corn dog picture of Sasha. What a great family you have. These are the times they will remember forever. (or at least start to at some point)