I really wish we could have waited a little longer to put them in their "big kid beds". But, they were jumping out of their cribs. Connor would gently lower himself onto the ground, saying, "Yea! Connor did it!" after his landing, giving himself a round of applause. Getting back into the crib was trickier, however, and he fell a few times. This usually ended up in tears.
Sasha, on the other hand, couldn't climb out of the crib as well as Connor. She would always hit her face on the top while sliding down. And, this usually ended up with her saying, "Seesha mouth hurt." Oh, and tears, too.
So, Kim and I decided it was time to move them out of their cribs and into their toddler beds before someone got seriously hurt. Last Thursday I set up the beds and rearranged their room, taking out most everything I could think of that they could get into. Connor and Sasha were SO excited. They knew just what to do...they put their blankets and stuffed animals in their new beds and layed down. It was so cute.
Well, that was Thursday. It's Wednesday and it's not cute anymore. I'm starting to wonder if it would really be a bad thing for me to chain them to their beds. Or maybe duct tape them down. They're ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Sorry to yell, but it's very frustrating. Even as I type this, I hear them thrashing about and laughing.
Oh geez. What's that big banging noise? *sigh*
For some reason, naptime is the only struggle. They are perfect little angels at bedtime. But, at naptime, they will not lay down for at least an hour after I put them in there.
I took all of the toys out of their room, thinking it would be a distraction. Ha! With twins, that doesn't matter! They feed off each other's energy. Yesterday, they were bouncing around the room yelling, "Ribbit! Ribbit!!"
Today, I heard them say, "Aaaaachoooo! Aaaachhoooo" over and over. I should have known what was going on, but it didn't hit me until I opened the door about 20 minutes later when I went in to see what the crinkly noise was. It certainly wasn't something I left them with. What makes a crinkly noise?
I'll tell you what makes a crinkly noise....a baby wipe package that has been completely emptied by 2 two year olds pretending to blow their noses. (This is where the "Aaachoo" comes from). There were wipes EV. REE. WHERE. I tried soooo hard not to laugh as I quickly cleaned up the mess and left the room.
So, let's run through what they've done in just a short week:
- Emptied the drawers that hold their pajamas
- Emptied the drawer that holds the sheets
- Emptied the drawer that holds the diapers and wipes
- Emptied the wipes all over the floor
- Tried to turn on the lamp that is on the dresser, knocking it down in the process
- Tore down the sheet I had tacked up above the window (tacky, yes, but it kept the room dark.)
- Ripped a couple pages out of a book that was in there
- And bumped their heads while running around, jumping on beds, etc. more times than I can count. Ironic, eh? We moved them OUT of their cribs to prevent injury. Now they're hurting themselves even more.
I'm sure you're thinking...Why don't you separate them? There're a couple reasons.
One, I'm lazy. It'll take a lot for me/Kim to empty another room and toddler-proof it.
Two, I'm stubborn (who, me?!). I still have hope that SOMEDAY they will lay down, give me a kiss and stay in bed until they wake.
Until then, I'll have to deal with:
Sasha: "Darby, banket, Ian, Spydeman, Hulk, Jiwy...cozy." (Sasha naming all the toys in their cribs, saying how cozy they are.)
Connor: "Heeeeee...heeee.....heeeeee."
or...
Connor: "JumpJumpJumpJumpJumpJump. Heeeee.. heeeee." (While jumping on the bed)
and even...
*knock, knock, knock*
Sasha: "Helllllooooooo!!! Moooommmeeeeee!!!!" (While knocking on the bedroom door.)
and my favorite...
Sasha: "Noooooo!!!! Myyyyyyy blanket! Miinneeee!!!!"
Connor: "No Sasha! Stop!!"
Sasha: "Owwww!! Give Back!!!!"
Wrestle, wrestle, cry, scream, wrestle, fight some more, cry.
*silence*
Connor: "Sasha. Comeere, please."
Sasha: "No. Mad."
Ugh. Good times.
I do have to say, however, that as completely frustrating naptime is, I do love them being in their toddler beds. I get to kneel down and cuddle with them. Give them kisses and hugs. It's great. And I know that one day, sooner than I want to admit, I won't be able to do that.
Then, I'll look back on these crazy times and want them back.


4 comments:
Ah... it's so bittersweet to watch them growing up! I hope they nap again for you soon.
Oh I'm chuckling, but I really feel for you. It's ohmyhannah from CB. I love your blog, it looks great!
Yep, I can't help but laugh. But only because you wrote it so funnily!
I really do hope it gets better soon. So they wake up so early because I guess you're putting them to bed early? Ick.
Love the new look of your blog!
You are hilarious, Lauren!
Post a Comment