For those of you that aren't from around here, here's what Lambs Farm is: http://www.lambsfarm.org/aboutus/
And, in typical Connor fashion, he kept things very serious. He sat like this for pretty much the entire ride.
During the ride, I asked him if he was having fun.
"Yes." He said, very seriously.
If I had asked Sasha that same question, she would have replied, "Yeaaaahh!!"
It still amazes me how two people, cooked in the same womb, born 3 minutes apart, can be so completely different.
Then, we rode the carousel. Or is it merry-go-round? Either way, they enjoyed it. Although, I started to get motion sickness. I'm such a wimp. Who gets sick on a kid's carousel? When we first told Connor and Sasha that we were going to see animals, they got really, really excited. That was all they would talk about. But, when we got into the petting pen-thingy, things changed a bit.
Here, Sasha is looking at this girl, thinking, "You go first. I want to see what he does when you touch him." She would walk up to an animal and pet it a bit, then quickly walk away. See how she has one foot behind her for her quick escape?
Both of the kids were a bit weirded out about the whole thing and, frankly, I can't blame them. It WAS weird. All of these sheep and goats were in this pen, facing the same direction. They seemed hypnotized or something. Every now and then, one of them would bleat something out, but they never really moved much. It reminded me of the book Animal Farm. Like something big was about to happen and only the animals knew about it.
Even other parents were saying how strange it all was. It wasn't me. Seriously.
But, I still had to pretend like I was having fun for the kids. So, I showed them how to pet a sheep. Connor didn't like it too much. When I asked him if he wanted to leave, he said, "Yeah."
I think all he really wanted to do was eat. So, we went to Sweet Tomatoes.
Here's Sasha, munching on a green pepper in her salad. And Connor, eating his black olives. Yum.
Kim and I haven't been there in years and the last time we went, we did not like it. My Aunt loves the place and keeps saying how much the kids would enjoy it. Boy, was she right. They ate like kings and queens.


4 comments:
LOL on the Merry-go-round! I get motion sick on the swings with little C. How pathetic are we???
What a great place. Looks like the kids really enjoyed themselves.
Looks fun! And weird. That pic of all the animals all just standing in the same direction is a bit creepy!
That's funny! We just went with my parents Friday night to Sweet Tomatoes. Addison absolutely loves that place too!
Post a Comment