Any woman with little to no self-control will tell you, never open the bags of Halloween candy before Halloween. In fact, you shouldn't even buy the darn stuff until the night of October 30th. And if you have to buy it before then, buy the stuff you don't like.
You know the stuff, the gummy eyeballs or sour vampire teeth. The candy that doesn't call your name from the pantry. Kids love it, but let's be real. It tastes like crap.
If you don't follow the Halloween Candy Rules, you'll be doing more shopping for more candy. This time for the trick-or-treaters instead of yourself...and your ass/thighs/etc.
Kim wasn't aware of that rule. Instead, he went out and bought two, huge bags of Reese's peanut butter cups, Kit Kats, Whoppers and Hershey bars. And not only did he buy it, he opened one of the bags.
And there they sit. On top of my fridge. Calling my name.
Especially the Kit Kats.
Oh, my sweet Kit Kats. How I love thee. Especially with a beer.
Chocolate and beer. Yum.
And I'm not even a chocolate lover. But, put a Kit Kat in front of me and fuggedaboutit.
I can't help myself. I know I shouldn't eat it. I'm still trying to lose the 10lbs I gained in September after my free-for-all with the kids' birthday party and my Mom's weekend away.
And, Kim can't help himself either. And he doesn't see anything wrong with it.
"They're small. It's not like you're eating an entire candy bar."
Um, honey, it is when I/you eat three or four (or more) of them a day.
I can't wait until we go trick-or-treating with the kids and come home with buckets of the sweet stuff. *sigh* Connor and Sasha don't even know what candy is, so they could care less.
I'm totally giving it to Kim to take to work. I'm not sure my ass can take anymore.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love you man. You are my twin I swear. Last year we had three trick or treaters so we had all of this candy left over. I won't even let myself have one because then I am on a slippery slope I can not escape.
Instead I just bake like a mad woman and pawn if off on my friends. Oh, joy. I always try one.
I love reading your blog though. You are a great writer and really funny. We think alike. I think we both have the same passion for food and snacks.
Post a Comment