Friday, October 17, 2008

Painting

Finally, I have downloaded the painting pictures and have the time to post them. Yea! Now your week will be complete.

We started with watercolors.

I have a lot of great pictures of the kids painting w/their watercolors. But, unfortunately, I cannot post most of them. You see, since this is a public blog, any Tom, Dick and Harry can view it. The kids were painting w/out their shirts on.

I think (hope) you know where I'm going with this...

So, at least with the watercolors, this is the best I can do. Moving on.

They really, really enjoyed the watercolors. Here is Sasha's first masterpiece:

And Connor's:

Here is another one that Connor did. He discovered how to make dots.

Our little art gallery in the kitchen. Connor's is on the top. Sasha's on the bottom.
I really need to find a better way to hang their art. I'm open to suggestions, if you have any.

The next day, we did fingerpainting. I bought washable tempera paints. They had a strange consistency that wasn't really like paint, but more like a gel. Not sure if I liked them.
Connor was the first brave one to taste it. By the look on his face, it must have tasted pretty bad. He made this face over and over for about 5 minutes.
Then, the real fun began. Getting paint on ourselves!!
He's such a show-off. Then, Sasha decided to have a taste. This stuff must have tasted really bad.
I did not try it.
Squishing it between her hands.
This plate was soaked with paint.
Oh! In this picture, you can also see the new playset the kids got for their birthday! They love it!
It wasn't long before Connor was done with fingerpainting. He got tired of having stuff all over his hands. He kept saying, "Wash hands. Wash hands."
And, with that, our fingerpainting session ended.
Here are some of the works of art:

Overall, I think we all enjoyed the watercolors much more than the fingerpaints. It was less messy, which is a bonus for me. Plus, the kids aren't really fond of having stuff all over their hands, especially Connor. (Who does that remind you of, Dustyn?)

They really enjoyed themselves with both projects, though. We will definitely be doing it again soon.

No comments: