Many of you know that my Mom fought a long, hard battle with cancer. For most of her life, actually.
Unfortunately, it became too much for her and she eventually lost the fight. It will be ten years in March.
I have many family members and friends that have also battled various stages and types of cancer. Some have survived. Some haven't. And I would bet that most, if not all, of you know someone, too.
Sadly, Lisa, one of the moms that belongs to the online community I always mention was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer a couple weeks ago. She has recently finished her first surgery and is doing well. There is more to come, including possibly more surgeries.
I have never met this woman in person. Never chatted w/her online or talked on the phone with her. But, I cried when she told us she had cancer.
It's heartbreaking.
One of the other women in the group has decided to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure, in honor of Lisa.
I am attaching the link to her fundraiser. Please read the information she has written on her page. It's inspiring.
If you are able to contribute, please do so. If you would rather contribute to your local chapter, please do so. Every penny counts.
Donate in honor of Lisa, my Mom, and everyone that has fought the fight against this horrible disease. We have to find an answer, guys. For our children and our children's children.
I know it's out there somewhere.
Thanks.
The fundraiser:
http://race.komentidewater.org/site/TR?px=1152748&fr_id=1050&pg=personal&JServSessionIdr001=uoj4uv0hj1.app44b
To view Lisa's story, please view her Caringbridge site:
http://caringbridge.org/visit/lisamittleman
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Thanks for posting this Lauren. I just donated in honor of Lisa and in memory of my friend, Carole, mom of 3, who lost her courageous fight in December. I continuously donate to the BC cause as it has touched so many I love and you are right, it could be any of us.
Post a Comment