Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin picking

When I was a kid, my family and I went to a pumpkin patch every fall. We'd get pumpkins, shop for Halloween/Fall decorations, eat things that were way too fattening for us and have a lot of fun. It was a nice break from the day-to-day craziness. We spent time as a family.

This is a tradition I wanted to keep around when I had children. And while there isn't a place exactly like the one I went to as a child, I think we have found a pretty good substitute.


They have all these scenes set up with pumpkins for heads. The kids really liked them. Here, they're looking at the Pooh and Tigger scene.
Connor was watching a family take pictures of their children poking their heads through this thing. He decided he was going to do it, too. So, he marched right over, stuck his head in and smiled. He loved it.
Sasha wasn't interested at all. She was too busy eating Cheetos.

I love this picture of her. She's sharing her lunch with Kim.

And, here, she's sharing her lunch with Connor. Notice how she's putting a piece in his mouth and he's also putting a piece in his mouth.

After lunch, it was time to get pumpkins!

I cannot believe how big the pumpkins are this year! This picture doesn't even show how large some of them were.

Connor went right to the big pumpkins. When he decided they were too heavy to lift...

He chose a smaller one instead.

Much better.
Here, Sasha and Kim are looking for a good pumpkin.
They weren't too thrilled when we asked them to pose for a picture.
But, when we asked Sasha to reach over and give Connor a hug and a kiss...
They got all happy.
And giggly. And cute.
Love it.
On the way home, we had cookies.
Yum.
We all had a lot of fun.
It's a great tradition that gets better and better every year.
Wish you were there, Dustyn. We missed you.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I want to do this with G, but the best one is over an hour away and with our move (soon), not sure if we can take the day, but we will try! Looks like you all had fun and love the hugging/kissing photos.