Thursday, October 9, 2008

Making the most of it - Part II

Tuesday was a good example as to why we need to be outside as much as we can. After we played with the chalk and stuff, during the kids' nap, it started to rain.

A lot.

Here's Kim pulling into the driveway, coming home from work. Notice the puddle near the road.

We normally get a large puddle at the end of our driveway when it rains.

Yesterday morning, it was too chilly and drizzly to go out. But, the sun came out and warmed everything up in the afternoon. So, when they woke from their nap, we went outside to play.

It took a little bit, but they eventually found the puddle at the end of the drive.

At first, I asked them to steer clear of the water. Not sure why. First instinct, I guess.

But, you're only two years old once. Might as well have some fun!

Plus, it's only laundry and a bath.

So, I let them go at it.

Connor was the first to "test the waters."

He came back around and jumped in again. You can see how excited he is.


Plus, look at Sasha's face. She is grinning ear-to-ear and laughing like crazy.

I knew this was going to be fun. So, I sat down on the driveway and took picture after picture after picture.

After picture.

Here she goes!

My neighbors must have thought I was crazy. I was letting my kids jump in puddles. And not just any puddles.

Mud puddles.

And, I was just sitting on the driveway, taking pictures of them doing it.
Connor wasn't satisfied with just using his feet. He wanted to splash with his hands, too.
I love these next two pictures.

Those sleeves used to be white. And, after two washings, they still aren't white.


It was so much fun. They had a blast.

What's next, you ask? Or maybe you're not asking, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

Painting!

Stay tuned. You know there'll be some good pictures from that!

I just have to keep reminding myself: It's just laundry and a bath.

Good clean fun.

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

You don't need suggestions for fun. You are already having fun!

Toni C. said...

so much fun! i had to tell clara "no" to splashing in puddles today... bad mommy! we were out and i didn't bring extra clothes. next time i'll know better!

KimD said...

OH MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS! The girls would LOVE playing with you!