Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Making the most of it

Everyone I talk to about the change in the season says the same thing, "Yeah, I love Fall, but it just means that Winter is right around the corner."

Gee. What a way to look at it.

Talk about the glass is half empty.

Unfortunately, they're right. Soon, the sunlight will go away at 4pm. Temperatures will drop. Snow will be on the ground. And I'll be stuck in the house with two stir-crazy two year olds.

Sweet.

So, today we went outside to play and make the most of the beautiful days we have left in 2008.

On a side note...
Can I just say that this is one of the reasons I LOVE my being a SAHM? I am thankful that I am able to stay home with Connor and Sasha. Being stuck inside, under florescent lighting, in a small cubicle, staring at a computer screen just isn't for me. It just drained the life right out of my soul. I was thinking about this as I was playing catch with Sasha in the yard.

Anyway, playing in the front yard always includes the sidewalk chalk.

I drew this pumpkin and Sasha colored it in. Connor drew this and called me over, "Llllllloook, Mommy! D!"
My little Letter Man wrote a D!

Sasha really gets into coloring with the chalk. She loves it. See her sleeve?
And, when I say she really gets into it, I don't just mean coloring on the ground. The girl colors her hands and face, too.

She really gets into it. She becomes one with the chalk.And, with the chalk, comes the alphabet. Connor will repeatedly ask me to write it until I finally do.

Then he's a happy guy and all is good in his world.

Here is today's alphabet. We had uppers and lowers. Sometimes, I'll do:
Apple
Ball
Cupcake
etc. and have the kids give me the word that starts w/that letter.

This kid really loves his letters.Sasha found a dandelion that had gone to seed. (Are we the only ones w/dandelions in October?!)
I tried to explain to her what it was and what we do with it.
Why, of course we blow on them and scatter the seeds.

And when blowing on it doesn't work, we can always try spitting on it. That might help.Hope you were able to spend some time outside, too!

1 comment:

Laney said...

Ask me if I am surprised that Connor wrote a "D."