Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What day is it?

It's Wednesday? Holy smokies!

I can't believe it's been nearly a week since my last post. I got you all excited about the finger painting and just left you in the dust. How rude of me.

You were excited about the finger painting post, right?

Right?

We had a good, family weekend. We actually had nothing planned. So, we just bummed around the house on Saturday.
And Sunday=Football in this house, so that pretty much sums up Sunday.

We picked out the kids' Halloween costumes this weekend. Connor is going to be a bumble bee and Sasha is going to be a flower.

They don't really understand the concept of Halloween. They do get that it involves dressing up, but not that it's an actual day on the calendar. Well, considering they don't know what a calendar is, I can kinda understand.

What they do is take the bin w/their dress-up clothes and say, "Halloween" over and over while getting ready to dress-up. So, I guess they've got part of it.

For a while now, when I asked Connor what he wanted to be for Halloween, he would say, "Sheep". When I suggested other things, he'd say, "No, Mommy. Sheep."

Then, he changed his mind and said, "Sign language."
This means he wanted to be their sign language video for Halloween.
The kid cracks me up.

Sasha could really care less. She would give me things here and there, different characters on tv shows they watch, but nothing big. Nothing like sign language.

Lately, they've been playing "Halloween" a lot. Connor always wears the bee costume that my friend Kim loaned us. So, I figure when the main event comes and it's time for us to go to strangers homes, knock on their doors and take candy from them (everything we teach our kids not to do, by the way), I'll just put them in a random costume and they won't know the difference.

I bought Sasha's flower costume off ebay. It's an adorable one-piece flower costume. I can't wait to see her in it.

Anyway, while we did get to paint this weekend, I still haven't downloaded the pictures from it. So, it will have to wait. Sorry 'bout that, guys. I promise there will be a painting post sometime this week. I know how you are dying to see it.

Right?

Here are some random pictures from last week. These should hold you over until the painting pictures.

Or at least put a smile on your face.

Playing Halloween.


Whenever I have gum and make a bubble, the kids will come up to me and say, "Bubble kiss." They want me to make a bubble and give them a kiss while it's still blown up.

Lately, they've been starting to try to eat the bubble instead of give kisses.
Here's a sneak peek at what Connor wore at his 2 year picture session. We should get the pics soon. I can't wait to see them.

3 comments:

KimD said...

I love the pic of Connor and his fisherman, bee, princess, shopper costume. And Sasha with her mouth open and eyes shut bubble kiss. You better watch that girl. JK

Got Triplets? said...

I can't wait for that finger painting picture!

Toni C. said...

you will get great bribe points with that picture of Connor in the tu-tu when he's older! I loved your prof. pictures!