But, the kind where it seems like your brains are oozing out of your nose cause there could be no other reason why you feel like a blob and where that liquid pouring out of your nose is coming from. You know the one. Like someone turned the faucet on?
Yeah. No fun.
Luckily, we're past the nasal aspirator stage. What's that? You don't know what a nasal aspirator is? Oh, my friend. You haven't lived until you've shoved something that looks like this in a child's nose:

Yes, this is a nasal aspirator. Or, as some parent's call it: The Booger Sucker.
The whole idea is to squeeze the bulb end, insert the skinny bit into said nose and release. It is supposed to suck out the snot. Well, that's what it is supposed to do.
That's assuming your child isn't screaming bloody murder because he/she doesn't want this strange green thing stuck up his/her nose. It eventually turns into a wrestling match. At least it did with my two. They hated it. And we rarely were successful with it.
One time, Dustyn drew two eyes over the stemmy bit, making it look like a nose. We got a good laugh at it. He thought it would make the kids happier about getting it shoved in their nose.
Then I took it and clunked him over the head. Silly teenager.
(I'm amazed at where this post has gone....)
Anyway, we don't have to use these anymore. The kids can blow their noses fairly well, for two year olds. Unfortunately, they know where the tissue is and go for a sheet whenever they want. Sometimes, the germ-filled tissues get shoved back into the box. Sometimes, they get thrown on my lap. And every now and then one ends up in the trash.
If the dogs don't eat them off the floor first. Our dogs love to eat tissue.
Ok, now I'm really getting off track.
So, today was the first day in 3 days that we got out of our jammies. (I'm a Mom now, I call them jammies, not pajamas.) I don't think they were ready to leave the jammies they'd been living in for 3 days, but I talked them into it. It is Kim's birthday afterall. We should try to make some effort of looking like we care.
We made him a spiced pumkin layer cake w/raisins and coconut. It had a rum cream cheese icing. The kids and Kim loved it. I wasn't a fan. This always happens to me. I love, love to bake but rarely enjoy the fruits of my labor.
I gave the kids half of a slice each. Yes, there was real rum in the frosting, but I figure my parents were giving me wiskey to help me sleep when I was teething, so a tiny bit of rum won't hurt anything. Actually, that was Kim's reasoning. I am still beating myself up over giving it to them.
It's amazing how they react to sugar. They really get a major sugar high! They get all giggly and hyper. Their eyes get all wonky. They rarely have sugar, so when we give them something w/any significant amount in it, their tiny bodies go into overdrive.
Sasha was even licking the plate.
And, yes, the cake is definitely going with Kim to work tomorrow. Cause even if I don't like it, I will eat it if it's in front of me. Am I the only one like that?
Tomorrow I'll be posting pics of the kids. Just wait until you see "Super Sasha" with her cape, running around the kitchen. Classic.


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kim! We have the sickies here too... and yes, a toddler blowing her nose is such a great step in their growth!
Oh, and YES! I eat everything in sight... doesn't matter if I like it or not... so sad!
Post a Comment