Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random stuff

Today we went to visit some friends of mine that I met on the same online community as the gals that came in for my mom's weekend. Like the others, I had never met these women in real life. It was great. We had a lot of fun.

We left there just before 3pm, which is well after Connor and Sasha's naptime. They slept a bit in the car, I drove around to extend the nap, but they eventually woke up and by the time we got home, it was too late to put them down. So, they stayed up and boy were they cranky!

Needless to say, they had an early bedtime tonight.

So, speaking of naptime, here are some pictures from a couple naps last week.

This one, Connor had fallen asleep on the floor. I love how his leg is propped up on the wall.


This was taken on a different day. Connor woke up before Sasha and started calling for me. When I opened the door, I noticed he had changed his jammie pants into jammie shorts. Then, I saw this...

This is the kind of crap they did every day. If you notice, Sasha is sleeping in the pile of clothes. Plus, she has four shirts and a nightgown on over her head.

Now, you can see some of the craziness I was going through.

But, now! Holy moly! Things have changed! The past couple days, they have gone down for their nap and have STAYED IN THEIR BEDS!!!!!

(Sorry for the crazy use of exclamation points. I'm just really excited.)

They haven't taken their pajamas out of the drawers. They haven't pulled down a stuffed animal. Connor hasn't climbed up on the dresser. It's wonderful.

Absolutely wonderful.

So, what changed, you might be asking?

Well, I think I scared the crap out of them by threatening to put them in the pack and play in the other room if they got out of their beds. They have both spent time in there and hate, hate it.

And the thing is, I don't just threaten. I follow through with it. No matter how much they scream, kick or fight. I have to. Otherwise, I really don't think it would work.

Anyway, that's that. Now, everyone cross your fingers and hope it stays like this.

I thought I'd also share some pictures I took the other night. Kim offered to pick up Jimmy John's subs for dinner. The kids love sandwiches. Just like their Mother.

Here is a mayo-covered Connor.
And Sasha, who ate all of her bread first. As always.

2 comments:

Toni C. said...

i'm so glad the naps are getting better - priceless pics! lol!

Gabrielle said...

LOVE the nap pictures. Wow. I guess pictures do say 1,000 words.